Category: Innovation & Creative
We are looking to hire a Creative Director to help our premium brand clients flourish in the Chinese market by creating thought-provoking and innovative creative campaigns. This is a new role and a great opportunity for someone to build up a Creative function from scratch and make a meaningful impact within the Chinese market.
- Design and embed Hot Pot Digital’s international approach to designing, delivering, and measuring creative campaigns.
- Determine the resource requirements necessary to deliver a creative offering in line with the company’s growth plans.
- Provide guidance and produce rate cards/collateral that will enable sales and account teams to sell creative work.
- Develop creative campaigns that impress clients, deliver on their requirements, are measurable, and both connect and have a powerful impact on the Chinese market.
- Develop and deliver pitches, that impress clients, and successfully bring to life the proposed campaign.
- Work with clients to amend ideas based on their wishes, knowing how to communicate what is and isn’t possible in order to achieve the intended results.
- Work with cross-functional teams to oversee the execution of creative campaigns, monitoring budget and quality, providing guidance as required, and auditing the final output.
- Identify, screen, select, and grow a network of creative providers to deliver on the company’s growth plans.
- Negotiate terms and monitor activity, ensuring that all creative providers working with Hot Pot Digital are aligned to its vision and ways of working.
- In time, hire, manage, and develop a small creative team.
Market Impact & Recognition:
- Design and execute a strategy that will result in Hot Pot Digital’s work being recognised, admired and respected by the industry, clients (existing and prospective), and talent (existing and prospective).
- Produce work that demonstrates Hot Pot Digital’s understanding of market insights, culture, and creative prowess.
- Actively submit work that wins awards and/or receives international recognition for the above.
Experience/skills – Essential:
- The ability to observe and develop a deep understanding of people, markets, products, trends, feelings, and events.
- The ability to take the above, and design highly creative concepts, that is tailored and unique to client and their needs.
- Excellent pitching skills.
- Deep knowledge of all things digital.
- Experience working within an agency, producing work for premium brands.
- Experience in determining and monitoring budgets, timeframes, and quality standards.
- Experience in managing creative providers.
- Able to gain credibility within the Chinese the market, alongside the ability to connect with Chinese locals.
- Experience hiring, managing and developing a small team.
- Experience designing and implementing processes.
- Track record of having received public recognition for creative work.
- Knowledge of the Chinese market and/or language.
- Culturally aware – you embrace working with different cultures, and you understand the intricacies of creating work for those with varying cultural backgrounds and ethnicities.
- Inspiring communicator – you can captivate an audience, tell a story, bring to life a creative concept to a range of audiences, across a range of cultures.
- Perceptive and empathetic – you know how to listen, observe, ask the right questions, and dig beneath the surface. Because of this you can relate to audiences and come up with strategic ideas.
- Collaborative leader – you work well with cross-functional teams, you are able to guide and motivate others to deliver on your vision.
- Passionate – you are passionate about what you do, you consistently seek to learn more, improve, and try new things.